Registration of change of address in the Population Information System

If you are a Finnish citizen and live outside Finland, you must notify the Digital and Population Data Services Agency of change of your address.

It is important to keep address data up to date. Matters such as  military service are based on the address and nationality data in the Population Register System. You can be notified of your right to vote or the threat of losing your citizenship only if your address details are correct in the register.

Changes of address abroad can be notified either directly to a Digital and Population Data Services Agency (Link to another website.) (Opens New Window)in Finland or to a Finnish mission.

Transfer of the population data notification through the Finnish Mission to the Digital and Population Data Service Agency is subject to service fee. When mailing in the registration please attach a money order or certified check addressed to the Embassy of Finland in Washington DC,  Consulate General of Finland in New York or Consulate General of Finland in Los Angeles.