Finland and Texas collaborate in connectivity and emerging technologies, aerospace and aviation endeavors, digital transformation, energy security and energy efficiency. A Statement of Mutual Cooperation between Finland and the State of Texas was signed by the Governor of Texas Greg Abbott and Minister for Development Cooperation and Foreign Trade Ville Skinnari on December 14, 2022.
Finland and Texas endeavor to work together to help facilitate the expansion of businesses, encourage the creation of jobs, and promote innovation by collaboration and joint research in areas such as:
- Connectivity and new and emerging technologies, such as 5G and 6G, as well as high-performance computing, including artificial intelligence, quantum technologies, and cybersecurity;
- Aerospace and aviation endeavors;
- Digital transformation and end-user applications, including health, energy, transportation and logistics, manufacturing, and built environments;
- Energy security, reliability, and innovation, as well as smart grids and transportation solutions such as marine and electric vehicles; and
- Energy-efficient materials, including processes in the built environment or building technologies.
To read the complete Statement of Mutual Cooperation, please visit here
For more information contact:
Mr. Tuomas Sottinen
Embassy of Finland to the United States in Washington D.C.
tuomas.sottinen @ formin.fi
Finnish companies & research
Ms. Ulla Lainio
Business Finland, Washington D.C.
Ulla.lainio @ businessfinland.fi
|Minister Skinnari and Texas Governor Abbott agree to pursue closer economic ties|