Legalising documents 

The Finnish authorities may ask you to legalise a foreign document. This should be done in the country where the document was issued.

  1. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the issuing country certifies that the document is genuine and has been issued by its authority
  2. The competent Finnish mission in the country legalises the document by appending to it a certificate proving the right of the official at the country’s ministry for foreign affairs to issue such certificates.

Service fees

​​​​​​​Legalisation of documents in Thailand

Thailand is not a signatory to the Hague Convention.

You must therefore have the certificates issued by Thai authorities translated into English and then have the originals and the translations legalised, first at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand and then at the Embassy of Finland in Bangkok.

If you use an agent, he or she must present at the Embassy

  • a limited power of attorney for handling your matter, stating the names of the authoriser and the authorised person and the intended use of the document

  • an identity card

  • a copy of a passport or Thai identity card, authenticated by the authorising party’s signature

The authorising party is the person whom the document applies to. In the case of a minor, the authorising party is the child’s legal guardian.

Contact details of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand

Legalization Division, Department of Consular Affairs
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
123 Chaengwattana Road, Laksi, Bangkok 10210
Tel. +66 2 575 1058, +66 2 575 1059 or +66 2 575 1060. to another website.)


Legalization Office Khlong Toei MRT (Khlong Toei MRT station (Metro Mall))
Mon–Fri, 8.30 – 16.30.
​​​​​​​Tel. 02-103-1631, Fax: 02-103-1632


Department of Consular Affairs’ Call Center 02-572-8442 (24h)