Making contacts and networking
- Take advantage of Finnish missions’ and Honorary Consuls’ networks of contacts with local authorities, companies and partners. This network can serve as the local eyes and ears for a company heading for a new market.
- Give your company credibility by organising networking events: the head of a mission or a high official may attend and lend prestige to the event in different ways, for instance by opening it or giving an address.
- Participate in Team Finland visits(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window) to target markets.
- Network by attending some of the versatile events organised by the missions.
- Ask a mission to open doors to contacts that you could not access without assistance.
Embassy of Finland venues available for private events hosted by Finnish companies
The Embassy of Finland in Pretoria can offer its venues for Finnish companies’ marketing and networking events. The Embassy will charge a nominal fee for the venue and Embassy staff required for events that are for promotional purposes of private companies.
The price for hiring the venue is 100 euros. The Embassy’s boardroom can accommodate a maximum of 50 people. There is a screen for presentations, a flipchart and free Wifi available in the boardroom. Ambassador's residence is also available for receptions or similar functions.
Should the duration of the event exceed four hours, the venue hire will be 200€. External areas such as the garden or the swimming pool, are not available.
In addition to the price of the venue, an hourly fee will apply for each of the Embassy’s administrative staff members involved in preparing and organizing the event.
A 10% administrative fee (not exceeding 100 euros) will be added to the total price.
Catering or any other services, such as additional security or cleaning services are to be organized separately by the company.