Team Finland services for exporting goods and doing business abroad
Team Finland is a network of public sector bodies, dedicated to helping Finnish companies grow and be successful abroad. It also promotes Finland’s country image and attracts foreign investments and experts to Finland.
Team Finland network consists of:
- Finnish ministries
- Network of Finnish missions abroad(layout.types.url.description)
- Business Finland(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window)
- Finnish Cultural and Academic Institutes(layout.types.url.description)
- Finnvera(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window)
- Finnfund(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window)
- Regional internationalisation services offered by Centres for Economic Development, Transport and the Environment(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window).
Learn more about the network and its services: Team Finland network helps your company go global(layout.types.url.description)
Team Finland abroad
Abroad, the Team Finland network brings together the Finnish authorities, publicly funded organisations and other key parties with ties to Finland who are operating in a particular region. Finnish Ambassadors serve was Team Finland country managers in their country of posting. Team Finland Counsellors and Coordinators at Finland’s missions are there to help you.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs and Finland’s missions monitor and promote Finland’s economic interests abroad. Our tasks within the Team Finland network are to identify changes in the global operating environment and to exert influence on them, for example, by removing trade barriers and by supporting an open international operating environment that promotes competition. We help companies by providing information about the ways the EU trade agreements are used in different parts of the world.
When you are building your company’s path to the world market
- we can help you make contacts and create networks
- we can give you advice and information about the business environment in your target country
- we can help you gain market access and avoid different kinds of barriers to trade
- we organise trade missions together with Business Finland, more information: Team Finland visits: access the world with the ministers(layout.types.url.description)
- we award export authorisations for dual-use items together with the Ministry of Defence
- we support trade with developing countries through various financial instruments, such as Finnfund, Finnpartnership and PIF
Team Finland services at various stages of internationalisation: Team Finland network services for companies(layout.types.url.description)
Team Finland Knowledge network
The Team Finland Knowledge (TFK) network promotes Finland’s global reputation as a country of high quality education and science. The network helps achieve a more internationally oriented position in higher education and research and accelerates the process. The network promotes the country image so that students, researchers and other talents see Finland as an attractive option.
The TFK experts are stationed in eight countries and their strengthen Finnish educational and research cooperation and promote exports of Finnish knowledge, expertise and educational innovation.
The experts work at Finnish embassies as part of the Team Finland country teams.
Embassy of Finland venues available for private events hosted by Finnish companies
The Embassy of Finland in Pretoria can offer its venues for Finnish companies’ marketing and networking events. The Embassy will charge a nominal fee for the venue and Embassy staff required for events that are for promotional purposes of private companies.
The price for hiring the venue is 100 euros. The Embassy’s boardroom can accommodate a maximum of 50 people. There is a screen for presentations, a flipchart and free Wifi available in the boardroom. Ambassador's residence is also available for receptions or similar functions.
Should the duration of the event exceed four hours, the venue hire will be 200€. External areas such as the garden or the swimming pool, are not available.
In addition to the price of the venue, an hourly fee will apply for each of the Embassy’s administrative staff members involved in preparing and organizing the event.
A 10% administrative fee (not exceeding 100 euros) will be added to the total price.
Catering or any other services, such as additional security or cleaning services are to be organized separately by the company.