Embassy of Finland in Beijing is seeking a qualified Assistant
The Embassy of Finland is seeking to hire an experienced and qualified assistant to its Administrative team starting on 15th April 2024, or as agreed. Vacancy is opened for substituting a maternity leave, so the duration of the vacancy is approximately 6 months.
Job description including primary responsibilities:
- Taking care of Embassy’s accounting
- Handling invoices (scanning to the systems, posting, payment etc.)
- Different types of bank transactions
- Taking care of tax refunds
- Handling documentation on diplomatic ID cards and visas
- Procurement processes (quotations, orders, translating)
- Other regular assistant duties
- Substituting other Administrative team members
- Any other tasks given by the management of the Embassy
- Good social and communication skills, strong organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of accounting (a qualification on accounting is an asset but not a requirement)
- Previous experience in similar tasks, preferably in cross-cultural environment
- Ability to keep confidential information
- Good knowledge of the diplomatic working environment, Chinese authorities and public administration
- Excellent written and spoken Chinese and English, both oral and written
Please send your application letter and CV in English with references and salary requirement to: [email protected] by 14 February 2024.
Subject: Assistant (Admin). Files should be named consistently: Familyname_Givennames_Application and Familyname_Givennames_CV (e.g. Wang_Xiaoming_Application and Wang_Xiaoming_CV)
Kindly send possible enquiries about the position to the above mentioned e-mail address [email protected].
In the Foreign Service of Finland, we will process your personal data you provide us due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason. You can read more about our data protection practice here(Link to another website.).
By applying for the job, I accept the terms of data protection practice and I give my consent to the processing of my personal data. For more information about Finland and our work in China, please visit www.finland.cn.
Due to the amount of applications, Embassy of Finland will reply only to successful candidates.