Vacancy announcement: Communication and Culture Officer
The Embassy of Finland in Brasília is recruiting a Communication and Culture Officer from 15 July 2021. Main responsibilities include Finland promotion, media relations, cultural projects and social media. Please apply by 31 May 2021.
Position: Communication and Culture Officer
Location: Embassy of Finland in Brasília
Type of employment: Full-time on a local contract
Starting date: 15 July 2021 or as agreed
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2021
The Communication and Culture Officer has a key role in the Embassy’s public diplomacy team, which includes colleagues at the Embassy in Brasília, Consulate in São Paulo and the Honorary Consulate-General in Rio de Janeiro. Main responsibilities include Finland promotion, media relations, cultural projects and social media. The tasks also include cooperation in these areas among the Nordic Countries as well as in the European Union.
Work at the Embassy offers diverse challenges in a pleasant and often high-paced environment with low levels of hierarchy. The successful candidate will be a proactive team player who knows the Brazilian landscape and is able to find innovative solutions for promoting Finland and the Nordic Countries.
Principal tasks and responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of Finland promotion events and initiatives
- Management of the embassy's website and social media accounts
- Nordic cooperation in the fields of public diplomacy and culture
- Participating in the EU cooperation on communication and culture
- Acting as substitute for the assistant of the Ambassador
- Assisting in reporting as well as tasks requiring native-level knowledge of Portuguese
- Travel within Brazil and abroad may be required
- Relevant academic degree (preferably in journalism, marketing or communication).
- Relevant experience of working with promotion, communication and culture.
- Excellent written and spoken English and a native-level knowledge of Portuguese. Knowledge of Finnish and Swedish is considered an advantage, although not a requirement.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to take initiative and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- High level of flexibility necessary to meet the diverse tasks and evolving demands of the Embassy.
The position is a full-time employment on a local contract under Brazilian labor legislation. The first 90 days of the contract will be considered a trial period. The salary will be based on the experience, qualifications and competencies of the candidate. The employee is responsible for having the necessary permits for working in Brazil.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and three references) in English by e-mail to [email protected] with the title “Communication and Cultural Officer” no later than 31 May 2021 at 12:00 Brasília time. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview during the beginning of June 2021. The starting date is 15 July 2021 unless otherwise agreed.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Administrative Officer, Mrs. Tytti Pylkkö (tytti.pylkko[at]formin.fi).