DREAM IT, BE IT! Video competition for girls
Embassy of Finland in Tokyo invites all the girls in Japan age 15 to 18 to participate in Dream it, Be it! –video competition. The price of the competition is a 6-days long study camp in beautiful Finland, famous for its world-class education system and the cleanest nature in the world. During the camp, you will meet other girls your age from around the world, engage in fun learning experiences and explore the stunning Finnish nature and attractions– get ready for a Finnish adventure!
Finland is one of the world’s leading countries in fostering gender equality. Gender equality is a social innovation that has generated social renewal and prosperity, as the contribution of both women and men has been accessible. The rights of girls and women are also key areas in the Finnish development policy and our campaign pledge for the UN Human Rights Council membership for the term 2022-2024.
We are committed to creating a world, where all women have the possibility to pursue and make their dreams come true without barriers. This is why we want to inspire all girls to tell us about their dream jobs – if you can dream it, you can be it!
How would your future look in your dream job, if anything would be possible?
Record a video and follow the instructions below and you will be competing for the grand prize – 6 days long education camp in Finland! The competition is open for 15 to 18 (if you turn 15 during 2021, you can participate!) year old Japanese girls.
To spark an inspiration, you may start by responding to the questions below, or come up with your own ones. Creativity is the key to success in this competition, so listen to your heart and dreams!
- When I grow up, I want to….
- To achieve my goal I need to….
- The most difficult thing will be….
- This is my dream because….
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Record a maximum two minutes-long video (smart phone is ok!) preferably in landscape mode.
- Tell about your future in your dream job. You may start by answering the questions listed above or come up with your own. Be creative and inspiring! The language of the video should be English. Make sure that all the material at the video is your own, including the words and the possible background music or images.
- Download your video to your own own social media account (i.e. Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or Twitter). Please make sure to get a permission from your parent / guardian to participate.
- Send a link to the video with your name, age and place of residence to [email protected] by 14 September 2021. Please enable the settings to allow the public to see your video.
- The jury panel will choose three finalists among the videos. Finalists will be contacted by the Embassy of Finland in Tokyo and asked to send the original video file. Three finalist videos will be posted on our website and social media accounts on 20 September 2021.
- Audience will then be able to vote their own favorite video by liking the post. So make sure to share your video to your networks and get your friends and family to vote for you! The voting will be open from 20.9.2021 to 26.9.2021.
- The winner will be announced on 30.9.2021 in the Embassy’s social media accounts. The winner will be contacted personally prior the announcement.
- The prize of the competition is a six days-long study camp in Finland. The trip will be organized once the travel restrictions are eased and the pandemic situation allows safe traveling – for now the planned date is around June–July 2022, but may change as the situation develops.
The prize package includes the following:
- 1 study camp program package organized by EduCamp
- Flights for two persons (winner and a parent / legal guardian) from Japan to Helsinki
- Transport to the airport in Japan and transportation in Finland
- Travel insurance and visas for two persons
- Possible covid19-tests for two persons, if needed
- Accommodation for the winner at the Kiipula campsite and for the accompanying person at the Kiipula Guest House (located at the Kiipula campsite)
- All meals during the camp for two persons
- Day trips to near-by attractions during the camp
The competition is organized by the Embassy of Finland in Bangkok, the Embassy of Finland in Jakarta, the Embassy of Finland in Singapore, the Embassy of Finland in Tokyo, and supported by EduCamp and Finnair.
Greeting of Elisabeth Rehn, Patron for the campaign.
Embassy of Finland, Tokyo