Legalising documents 

The Finnish authorities may ask you to legalise a foreign document. This should be done in the country where the document was issued.

  1. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the issuing country certifies that the document is genuine and has been issued by its authority
  2. The competent Finnish mission in the country legalises the document by appending to it a certificate proving the right of the official at the country’s ministry for foreign affairs to issue such certificates.

Service fees

Legalization of Canadian documents to be used in Finland

Legalization of Canadian documents is a two-phase process. First, the Global Affairs Canada certifies that the document has been issued by the proper authority, after which the Finnish Embassy in Ottawa or honorary consulate in Toronto or Vancouver adds their seal to legalize the document by confirming the competence of Foreign Affairs official to authenticate such certificates.

Please visit the web site of Global Affairs Canada for detailed information on how to authenticate Canadian documents.(Link to another website.)