Where and how to apply for a visa
If your country of destination is Finland, you must apply for a visa at the nearest Finnish mission. Honorary consuls and honorary consulates do not grant visas.
How to apply for a visa
- Fill in the visa application form at the website finlandvisa.fi(Link to another website.). At the website, you will find information about the documents, appendices and passport photo you need to submit an application. You can check the required visa application documents without logging in on the website finlandvisa.fi.
- You can even fill in an application in pdf format (Link to another website.)either by hand or with computer. Even when filling in a pdf application, you should check the required visa application documents at the website finlandvisa.fi(Link to another website.).
- Book an appointment for submitting your application at the Finnish mission in your country of residence.
- All visa applications must be submitted in person. Your biometric identifiers will be collected at the same time. Fingerprints are not taken if the fingerprints were given in connection with a previous visa application less than 59 months ago.
- A visa fee will be charged for processing visa applications (see the list of prices at the website finlandabroad.fi).
- The Finnish mission may request additional information or documentation and, if considered necessary, to interview the applicant.
Processing times of visa applications
You must submit your application for a visa well in advance. You may submit an application no more than six (6) months before the start of the intended visit. The processing time of a visa application is 15 days.
The processing time may be longer if a more detailed examination of the application is required. For example, the central authorities of other Schengen countries may need to be consulted.
Third countries whose nationals or specific categories of such third country nationals who are subject to prior consultation(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window)