If a person goes missing abroad

The legal guardian or next of kin of a person presumed to be missing or the victim of a suspected crime abroad can request assistance from the Finnish mission, for instance if the person has not returned from a trip abroad or has ceased to be in contact with his or her friends, family or legal guardian without warning.

If you are the next of kin of a person residing permanently abroad, contact the local authorities directly in order to look into the situation and help determine the person’s whereabouts.

If a person is presumed missing, you can file a missing person report with the police.

Report a missing person in Hong Kong

In Hong Kong you can contact the nearest police station or a special Missing Persons -unit of Hong Kong Police Force.

In emergency you can contact the emergency number 999.

Instructions for reporting a missing person can be found at Missing Persons(Link to another website.).