Passport application for a child
A child is not entered in the parents' passport. The child must be present in person when a passport for him or her is applied.
Consent of the parents or guardians
As a rule, a passport is issued for a minor upon the parents' or guardians' consent.
The consent must be obtained from the child's all parents or guardians. The consent may be given in writing, too, if it is sufficiently detailed:
- The consent must specify the person who is the subject of the consent (full name and date of birth).
- The consent must contain the full name, date of birth, contact details and signature of the person giving the consent.
- The consent must be written in a language the embassy official understands (e.g. Finnish, Swedish, English).
- Potential limitations concerning the period or region of validity must be mentioned.
A parent or guardian may be asked to be present to identify the child.
Passport or identity card application for a child in Denmark
When applying for the first passport or identity card, the child must have a Finnish personal identity code, which means that the child must be registered in the Finnish Population Information System first.
The child and one of the parents/guardians must be present when applying for a passport or identity card. Please book the time in advance.
Required attachments to the application for a passport or an identity card for a child:
- Child´s Finnish personal identity code
- 1 paper photo, taken within the past 6 months - photo instructions from the police(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window). The closest photo studio to the embassy is PhotoCare, Frederiksborggade 23, 1360 København K. Photobooths can be found here: https://www.pasfotos.dk/kobenhavn/(Link to another website.)
- Guardian´s passport or identity card
- Guardian who is not present needs to submit the consent in writing (please see instructions above)
- From a parent or guardian living in Denmark: Bopælsattest (order from borger.dk (Link to another website.) (Opens New Window)or Borgerservice-point)
- From a parent or guardian living in Sweden: Personbevis (order from Skatteverket(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window))
Passport and identity card delivery
When travelling, you should check the validity of your passport well in advance. A passport can be issued for Rapid delivery if the order is placed on a day when the quota is not full. An extra fee will be charged.
- Standard delivery time is 8–12 working days
- Rapid delivery time is 3-4 working days
- Temporary passport is issued while you wait, but only for particularly compelling reasons.
You will receive a notification by text message/email when you can pick up your passport/identity card. You can collect your passport/identity card from the embassy or authorise someone else to collect it on your behalf. When collecting a passport, you must prove your identity either by using a passport or an identity card issued by the Finnish authorities. From 1.1.2019, a driving licence will not be valid for proving identity when collecting a passport.
A passport or an identity card can also be sent to you as a registered letter via PostNord. The embassy does not take responsibility for PostNord’s activities, and the delivery is always done at the expense and the responsibility of the customer. If the delivery does not come within two weeks, please contact the embassy. The delivery fee to the address in Denmark is 96DKK and to Sweden 132DKK.
Payment of passport fees and other service fees
Passport and other service fees shall be paid on-site using a card or in advance to the embassy’s bank account:
Nordea Bank Danmark A/S
Vesterbrogade 8, 0900 København C