Required attachments to the application for a passport or an identity card
- An old passport or an identity card issued by the Police for identification.
- 1 black-and-white or colour photo, taken within the past 6 months.
- Men aged 18 to 30: passport for a person liable for military service; civilian serviceman certificate or certificate of call-up. If these are not available, the authority issuing the passport or the identity card verifies the national defence liability from the relevant authorities. If the applicant has not performed military or civilian service, the passport is issued for no longer than until the end of the year when the applicant turns 28.
- Persons with a permanent residence abroad may be required to present a separate certificate of nationality.
Learn about passport photo requirements(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window) on the website of the Police.
You will also need:
- Minors need both guardians' consent. The guardians of a minor who are not present will send their consent in writing using the guardian’s consent form(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window).
- The original receipt of the passport application fee obtained from the bank once paid. Up to date prices can be found from the Service fees.
If you cannot present official documents to prove your identity, investigative measures will be used to clarify the matter.