Customer service at the Embassy
The Embassy serves customers by phone and via email
Our customer service hour for phone enquiries is on Wednesdays between 9.00-10.00 AM
- +971 2 885 3666
For general immigration and consular inquiries, kindly contact the Embassy by e-mail:
In order to protect your personal data, you may send ecrypted email to the Embassy through Encrypted message -service(Link to another website.)
Please note that the Embassy's customer service is currently congested and some delays may be expected in answering the e-mail inquiries.
Book an appointment
The Embassy’s customer service operates by appointment only. The Embassy does not have a walk-in service.
To book an appointment for passport/ID renewal or document legalization, please send email to [email protected]
Please note that the Embassy has outsourced the residence permit reception, customer service and appointment booking to VFS Global Abu Dhabi(Link to another website.). To book an appointment for identification for your residence permit application or for any residence permit enquiries, please contact VFS Global directly.
Schengen visa applications are received by VFS Global in Abu Dhabi and Dubai. To book an appointment, please contact VFS Global(Link to another website.) directly.
Arriving to the Embassy
Due to the covid-19 situation, the Embassy would like to inform you of the following:
- Please follow the general instructions related to hand hygiene and coughing etiquette, https://www.doh.gov.ae/en/covid-19/about(Link to another website.)
- If you have flu-like symptoms, please inform the Embassy beforehand in order to reschedule your appointment
Please note, that the restrictive measures imposed by local authorities may change rapidly and/or the Embassy may need to re-schedule your appointment on a short notice due to unforeseen events.
The service fee can be paid at the Embassy using debit / credit card. The Embassy does not take cash payments.
The Embassy will inform you via email once your document is ready for collection. You will be given a collection number. The collection of documents is possible on specific dates.
The next collection dates are as follows:
- Tuesday 13 February between 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Thursday 15 February between 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Tuesday 20 February between 1.30pm - 3.30pm
- Thursday 22 February between 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Please note that the collection times are subject to changes.
How to collect documents from the Embassy:
- In person at the Embassy, by presenting your valid ID.
- You may authorize another person to collect the document for you. The person collecting your document must have a letter of authorization and his/her own ID when collecting the document.
- By courier, by providing the Embassy with a pre-paid airway bill from a courier service. Send the airway bill to the Embassy by e-mail [email protected]. Attach to your message also a signed letter of authorization that the Embassy may hand out your document to the courier. Also, the courier must have a matching airway bill and a copy of the authorization letter when collecting your document. The courier must know your collection number. Inform the courier about the collection time.
Note! The Embassy will not release your documents to a courier if:
- we have not received an authorization letter from you or
- the courier does not know your name and collection number or
- the courier comes outside our collection time.
Use this template for the letter of authorization. Remember to write your collection number to the form.
How to send encrypted email to the Embassy?
Ensuring data protection(Link to another website.) is important to us in all of our activities.
When you send emails or files containing personal data to the Embassy, you should send them over encrypted email by using the Encrypted message -service. Detailed instructions can be found here.
Registration to the Service:
- Go to the Encrypted message -service(Link to another website.).
- Give your email address to the service and click “Continue” and after that “Register”.
- You will receive an individual link via email, which you will use to identify yourself in the service. The link is active for 10 days and you may send multiple emails by using the same link.
Sending an encrypted email:
- Follow the link you received via email after the registration.
- Write the recipient’s email address in the ”To” –field, for example [email protected]. You may only send email to the Finnish Government Offices' addresses, for example @gov.fi.
- Fill in the “Subject” and write your message. Select attachment files, if any, from the ”Add attachment” –button and confirm by pressing “Attach”. Please, clarify in your message the matter the attachment is regarding.
- Send the message by pressing ”Send”
After you have send the message, you have the option to save your message for your own purposes.