Customer service at the Embassy
Visa applications are submitted at the VFS Global Visa Application Centre in Dubai or Abu Dhabi.
Book an appointment
The Embassy’s customer service operates by appointment only. The Embassy does not have a walk-in service.
You can book an appointment by sending an email to the address [email protected]. In order to protect your personal data, you may send encrypted email to the Embassy through Encrypted message -service(layout.types.url.description).
Your email should contain the following information:
- name of the customer / names of the customers, if you are booking an appointment for more than one applicant
- contact information: email and phone number
- reason (for example: passport, legalization, residence permit).
If your appointment time request is for residence permit, additionally contain the following information:
- nationality and country of residence
- application based on studies: name of the educational institute and the acceptance letter
- application based on family ties: name of the sponsor and family tie (spouse, child, parent)
- application based on employment: name of the employer and assignment
The appointment is personal and cannot be forwarded to another person. If you wish to book an appointment simultaneously for your family member, write the names of all the applicants in your appointment request.
If you are unable to attend your appointment, inform the Embassy as soon as possible, in order for us to offer the cancelled appointment to other customers.
Arriving to the Embassy
Due to the covid-19 restrictions, the Embassy would like to inform you of the following:
- Please wear mask and gloves when visiting the Embassy and follow the general instructions related to hand hygiene, coughing etiquette, keeping a distance etc. https://www.doh.gov.ae/en/covid-19/about(layout.types.url.description)
- Please note, that only the applicant and one guardian is allowed inside the Embassy premises.
- If you have flu-like symptoms, please inform the Embassy beforehand in order to reschedule your appointment
Please note, that the restrictive measures imposed by local authorities may change rapidly and/or the Embassy may need to re-schedule your appointment on a short notice due to unforeseen events.
The upcoming collection times are updated at the Embassy website.
The Embassy will inform you via email once your document is ready for collection. You will be given a collection number.
How to collect documents from the Embassy:
- In person at the Embassy, by presenting your valid ID.
- You may authorize another person to collect the document for you. The person collecting your document must have a letter of authorization and his/her own ID when collecting the document.
- By courier, by providing the Embassy with a pre-paid airway bill from a courier service. Send the airway bill to the Embassy by e-mail [email protected] Attach to your message also a signed letter of authorization that the Embassy may hand out your document to the courier. Also the courier must have a matching airway bill and a copy of the authorization letter when collecting your document. The courier must know your collection number. Inform the courier about the collection time.
Note! The Embassy will not release your documents to a courier if:
- we have not received an authorization letter from you or
- the courier does not know your name and collection number or
- the courier comes outside our collection time.
Use this template for the letter of authorization. Remember to write your collection number to the form.
How to send encrypted email to the Embassy?
Ensuring data protection(layout.types.url.description) is important to us in all of our activities.
When you send emails or files containing personal data to the Embassy, you should send them over encrypted email by using the Encrypted message -service. Detailed instructions can be found here.
Registration to the Service:
- Go to the Encrypted message -service(layout.types.url.description).
- Give your email address to the service and click “Continue” and after that “Register”.
- You will receive an individual link via email, which you will use to identify yourself in the service. The link is active for 10 days and you may send multiple emails by using the same link.
Sending an encrypted email:
- Follow the link you received via email after the registration.
- Write the recipient’s email address in the ”To” –field, for example [email protected]. You may only send email to the Finnish Government Offices' addresses, for example @formin.fi.
- Fill in the “Subject” and write your message. Select attachment files, if any, from the ”Add attachment” –button and confirm by pressing “Attach”. Please, clarify in your message the matter the attachment is regarding.
- Send the message by pressing ”Send”
After you have send the message, you have the option to save your message for your own purposes.