Notice Vacancy - Media and Communications Adviser
Place of Assignment: The Embassy of Finland, 3 Abu El Feda Street, Zamalek, Cairo
Duration of Assignment: A fixed-term contract for a period of one year with the possibility of extension (including probation period)
Start date: 1 May, 2021 or according to agreement
Closing Date for Applying: 23 March, 2021
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Monitoring Arabic language media (incl. social media) and political developments in Egypt, Sudan and in the Middle East and North Africa
- Collecting necessary data and preparing background papers on demand.
- Responsible for planning and creating communications content in Arabic and English on the Embassy’s social media platforms following Embassy’s communication plan.
- Participating in the management of the Embassy’s social media accounts.
- Maintaining and expanding the Embassy’s network of relevant governmental and non-governmental stakeholders. Participating in organizing Embassy events. In addition, liaising with other media and communications officers.
- Attending conferences, events and meetings relevant to the Embassy’s work in Egypt.
- Assisting in organizing visits by delegations from Finland to Egypt and function as focal point for Finnish Press and the Cairo International Press Center.
- Translation from English to Arabic and Arabic to English
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Employer.
Professional work experience
Relevant work experience in the field of international relations and communication (especially social media), preferably at the Embassies, international organizations, NGOs or think tanks
Master’s Degree in Political Science, International Relations, Communication Studies or other relevant field
Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
MS Office, social media
Professional with understanding of the MENA region’s political dynamics and media landscape - Dynamic team player - High degree of integrity and confidentiality
Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, flexibility
Other matters worth mentioning
The selected interviewees are required to provide the Employer his or her criminal record.
The Embassy of Finland in Cairo complies with the data protection policies of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Finland. Read more about our data protection here: https://um.fi/dataprotection(Link to another website.)
How to apply for the position
All interested applicants should submit their CV and a cover letter by 23 March 2021 at the latest in English to [email protected] with a reference: Embassy of Finland, Media and Communications Adviser application.
Applications received after the deadline will not be taken into consideration.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.