Legalising documents 

The Finnish authorities may ask you to legalise a foreign document. This should be done in the country where the document was issued.

  1. The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of the issuing country certifies that the document is genuine and has been issued by its authority
  2. The competent Finnish mission in the country legalises the document by appending to it a certificate proving the right of the official at the country’s ministry for foreign affairs to issue such certificates.

Service fees

Indonesia is not a signatory to the Hague Convention.

If you use an agent, he or she must present at the Embassy:

  • a limited power of attorney for handling your matter, stating the names of the authoriser and the authorised person and the intended use of the document
  • an identity card
  • a copy of a passport or Indonesian identity card, authenticated by the authorising party’s signature

The authorising party is the person whom the document applies to. In the case of a minor, the authorising party is the child’s legal guardian.