Vacancy announcement: Economic and Commercial Officer at the Consulate of Finland in São Paulo
Position: Economic and Commercial Officer
Location: Consulate of Finland in São Paulo
Type of employment: Full-time on a local contract
Starting date: 1 April 2021 or as agreed
Deadline for applications: 28 February 2021
The Economic and Commercial Officer has a key role in the Embassy’s commercial team, which includes colleagues at the Embassy in Brasília, Consulate in São Paulo and the Honorary Consulate- General in Rio de Janeiro. Main responsibilities include trade promotion as part of the Team Finland network, monitoring the Brazilian economic and commercial landscape, organizing visits and managing projects related to commercial relations.
Work at the Consulate offers diverse challenges in a pleasant and often high-paced environment with low levels of hierarchy. The successful candidate will be a proactive team player who knows the Brazilian landscape and is able to find innovative solutions for promoting Finland’s trade with Brazil.
Principal tasks and responsibilities
- Promoting trade and economic relations between Finland and Brazil and Finland’s trade promotion activities in Brazil.
- Monitoring and reporting on trade and economic policies and business opportunities for Finnish companies in Brazil.
- Co-operation with economic and business policy actors and Finnish companies interested in or already established at the Brazilian market.
- Participation in the planning and implementation of delegation visits between Finland and Brazil.
- Implementation of the annual plan of the Team Finland network in Brazil.
- Travel within Brazil and abroad may be required.
- Relevant academic degree.
- Relevant experience of working with commercial and economic affairs.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Portuguese. Knowledge of Finnish is an advantage, although not a requirement.
- Experience in project management.
- Ability to take initiative and work efficiently both independently and as part of a team.
- High level of flexibility necessary to meet the diverse tasks and evolving demands of the Embassy.
The position is a full-time employment on a local contract under Brazilian labor legislation. The first 90 days of the contract will be considered a trial period. The salary will be based on the experience, qualifications and competencies of the candidate. The employee is responsible for having the necessary permits for working in Brazil.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and two references) in English by e-mail to [email protected] with the title “Economic and Commercial Officer” no later than 28 February 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview during March 2021. The starting date is 1 April 2021 unless otherwise agreed.
For questions regarding the position, please contact Consul Lasse Keisalo (lasse.keisalo[at]formin.fi).