Registration of a civil partnership in the Population Information System

If you are a Finnish citizen and you register your civil partnership abroad, notify the matter to the Population Register System in Finland.

Finnish citizens' civil partnership registrations outside Finland (pdf)(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window)  must be notified to the Digital and Population Data Agency(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window). You can also submit the notification at a Finnish embassy or send it there to be posted to the Digital and Population Data Agency for registration.

The original civil partnership certificate or a copy of it, authenticated at a mission of Finland, must be appended to the notification. The document must be legalised and, if it has been issued in some other language than Finnish, Swedish or English, an authorised translation in one of these languages must be provided. Translations made abroad must be legalised. Translations made by an authorised translator in Finland(Link to another website.) (Opens New Window) are valid as such.