CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR FUND FOR LOCAL COOPERATION (FLC) 2021-2022
The Embassy of Finland in Addis Ababa is seeking proposals for its Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) 2021-2022 to support local civil society organizations. The FLC complements bilateral development cooperation projects of Finland in Ethiopia. Deadline for submission: 31 May 2021.
The FLC is expected to contribute towards the four goals of Finland’s development policy:
- The rights and status of womenLink to another website.(Opens New Window) and girls have strengthened.
- Developing countries’ own economies have generated jobs, livelihoodLink to another website.(Opens New Window) opportunities and well-being.
- Societies have become more democratic and better-functioning.
- Food security and access to waterLink to another website.(Opens New Window) and energy have improved, and natural resources are used sustainably.
FLC projects should be implemented with a human rightsLink to another website.(Opens New Window)-based approach. The rights of women and girls, childrenLink to another website.(Opens New Window), people with disabilities, and other vulnerable groups of the community should be taken into account in all activities. Moreover, to the extent possible activities should be geared towards climate changeLink to another website.(Opens New Window) adaptation and mitigation.
The following thematic areas have been selected for the 2021-2022 call for proposals:
- Empowerment of women, girls and persons with disabilities (PWDs)
- Human Rights, Democracy & Gender Equality
- Conflict Resolution, Peace & Security
Approximately 10 projects will be financed in 2021-2022 with a total budgetLink to another website.(Opens New Window) available for all the new projects of approximately €250,000 (Euros Two Hundred Fifty Thousand only).
Projects are funded for the duration of one to two years. Projects funded earlier from the FLC may be considered for additional years of financing but funding for the same project can’t exceed five years.
Local Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) which have been registered with the Agency for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO) are eligible to apply.
Project selection will be based on the following selection criteria:
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy and the above FLC 2021-2022 thematic areas.
- Project outputs are clearly defined, with indicators, baseline data and risk management.
- Project activities are relevant, realistic and contribute to the desired outputs.
- Project budget is in line with the activities.
- Experience and management capabilities of the applicant.
How to apply?
The deadline for submitting applications within this round of call for proposals is 31 May 2021. Late applications will not be accepted. The application should include the attached Application Form duly filled in.
The applications must be signed, stamped and dated. A certificate of registration from the Agency for Civil Society Organizations (ACSO), the latest annual audit and activity reports of the CSO, & resume's/CVs of the project staff need to be attached to the application.
FLC committee at the Embassy will evaluate the applications. Shortlisted applicants may be requested to provide additional information, including budget details. The evaluation process may take up to two months. After that, a decision will be communicated to all applicants.
The applications may be
- Sent by post to the office address: Embassy of Finland, P.O. Box 1017, Addis Ababa, or
- Hand delivered to the Embassy, or
- Sent by email to [email protected] and [email protected](Opens New Window) Please note that email applications without scanned signed and stamped documents will not be accepted.
Attachments: FLC Application Form(Opens New Window)