Local Cooperation Fund
Local Cooperation Fund
The Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC) is a part of Finland’s official development co-operation. It is aimed for local civil society actors to carry out specific projects with clear goals and sustainable outcomes. The FLC supports the overall aims of the development policy of Finland. The focus of the funded projects and activities should focus on the goals defined in the Finnish development policy program.
The FLC activities in Belarus are managed by the Embassy of Finland in Lithuania. The fund supports initiatives of Belarusian non-governmental organisations. The FLC helps Belarusian civil society actors to carry out well-targeted projects with a clear goal and sustainable outcome in the field of human rights, democracy and good governance. The approach is to establish partnerships with a limited number of organisations instead of supporting one-time activities like workshops or seminars. The expected project length is approximately one year. In 2020, the Embassy aims to fund two (2) projects with around 20.000€ funding per project.
Priority areas for projects in 2020
- rights and livelihoods of people with disabilities
- empowering girls and women
Criteria for Eligibility:
- The organisation(s) in question should have a genuine, credible domestic basis; the proposed programme should not be launched or fully financed by the donor.
- The proposed activities should reach a large audience and have potential for a broad impact.
- Prospective applicants must provide detailed information on their organization.
The applications will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Past experiences of projects with a similar focus
- Specific, achievable and relevant objectives of the project
- Clarity on the main beneficiaries
- Effective and efficient use of the funds - the organization needs to demonstrate in the budget proposal that the funds will be used effectively to reach the specified objectives
- Innovative approaches to solve problems
- Sustainability of the results. The organization needs to indicate clearly how the impact of the project will be sustainable after the funding from the Embassy of Finland has ended
- Overall openness is important. The projects have to be registered in Belarus.
The FLC does not support activities of political parties, public institutions, activities of unregistered organisations, projects in which the beneficiary is a single person or a single family or purely charity purposes.
The Fund is designed to support projects. It is not intended to support the operating expenses of organisations. The administrative costs for the project must be reasonable.
How to apply for funding?
Applications must be sent by e-mail to [email protected]. The deadline for submitting applications is Wednesday, 15 April 2020, at 18:00 Minsk time. Project proposals received after the deadline will not be considered. All applicants will be informed about the final decision to the email indicated in their applications.
The application and possible attachments have to be written in English. The budget has to be submitted in euros. Only complete applications will be considered.
The Embassy of Finland reserves the right to accept or reject project proposals. The Embassy has a right to evaluate and audit a project at any time; the organisation responsible for the project has to make all required documentation available for the evaluation/audit if asked.
The Agreement with the Embassy of Finland has to be signed and stamped by an authorised representative of the organisation.
For more information please contact Ms. Volha Ryzmakova, project assistant, e-mail [email protected]; tel.: +375 17 318 20 06.