Frequently asked questions (FAQ) about the permit services
Kindly read all the frequently asked questions and the answers in this article. Customers of the Embassy of Finland in Pristina are recommended to read all the relevant instructions online.
Schengen visa applications
1. How long does it take to process a tourist visa?
As a general rule within 15 days. This period may be extended up to 45 days.
2. Where can I submit the Schengen Visa Application?
VFS Global (Visa Application Centre). Appointment booking from Call Centre 0900 111 22 or from the website.(layout.types.url.description)
3. What should I do if my tourist visa application was rejected?
A new visa application can be submitted at any time by booking a new appointment at the Visa Application Center or you can request for an administrative review. More information can be found from the website of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland(layout.types.url.description).
4. Why was my tourist visa application rejected?
The reason has been given on the standard form. No other information can be provided on the refusal. Embassy can not comment on individual visa applications.
Residence permit applications
5. When will the electronic calendar for residence permits open?
New appointments are opened regularly. If appointments for a certain period are not yet available, check the system later. The Embassy can unfortunately open only a limited amount of appointment slots.
6. Is there a service fee for booking appointments for residence permits to the Embassy?
The electronic calendar is free of charge. You can register yourself to the service. Book your appointment through the electronic calendar.(layout.types.url.description)
Use the online appointment calendar on a computer. We recommend not to use it on your phone. After logging out of the website, clear your full browser history. If you do not clear your browser history, you may have difficulties accessing the website later.
7. What documents are needed for a residence permit in Finland?
Visit the Website of immigration service www.migri.fi(layout.types.url.description)
8. Where can I apply for a residence permit?
To apply for a residence permit, visit EnterFinland. www.enterfinland.fi/eServices(layout.types.url.description)
9. How can I pay for a residence permit?
The payment can be done online (EnterFinland) or to the Embassy’s bank account.
10. What documents I need to take for the identification at the Embassy?
All the documents submitted to the EnterFinland must be taken. Take your passport and two passport’s photos.
11. What is the next step when the decision is ready?
The Embassy will contact you when the decision is ready. Wait until Embassy contacts you.
12. What should I do when I get request for interview from Migri?
Email the Embassy [email protected] and you will get the appointment for the interview.
Travelling to Finland during the pandemic
The Finnish Border Guard issues instructions for entry to Finland during the pandemic. The decision on entry to Finland is made by the Finnish Border Guard. More information can be found from their website.(layout.types.url.description)
Health security measures for travelers are listed on the website of the Finnish institute for health and welfare.(layout.types.url.description)
Finentry provides travellers with information about travelling to Finland. With the service you can also book an appointment for a COVID-19 test. FINENTRY service(layout.types.url.description)