Vacancy Notice: Fixed-Term Locally hired Consular Services Assistant (Migration)
Embassy of Finland in Bangkok is looking for a Fixed-Term Locally hired Consular Services Assistant (Migration) to join their team from 1.3.2024 onwards or as per agreement.
The Embassy of Finland is the official representative of the Finnish government in Thailand and Cambodia. Immigration services are one of the focus areas of the Embassy, which makes it one of the busiest diplomatic mission in this field among the Finnish embassies worldwide.
We are seeking to recruit an open-minded, positive, multi-skilled team player with good communications skills and high integrity and responsibility as Consular Services Assistant (Migration) to our dynamic immigration team for the period of one year starting 1.3.2024 or as per agreement.
If you enjoy working with people and want to be part of our high-performing immigration team, this might be the job for you. In this position, you want to ensure from your part that the clients of our immigration section have a positive experience when interacting with the Embassy of Finland in Bangkok. Your ability to perform challenging tasks while keeping your composure under pressure is essential, as well as your willingness to carry out routine tasks, too.
- Replying to customer inquiries in visa and residence permit matters.
- Customer service, incl. information and guidance, through phone, email and at the Embassy’s reception.
- Interviewing prospective visa applicants.
- Assist in receiving the residence permit applications.
- Using Thai-English / English-Thai interpreting skills e.g. in translating various documents.
- Support the Embassy’s immigration team’s work, including the promotion of labor-based migration, as well as communication and coordination with relevant authorities.
- Participating in Embassy’s communication and social media tasks
- Substituting Embassy’s reception.
- Other tasks assigned by Head of Mission and Team Leader.
What we expect from you
- Residence and permit to work in Thailand
- Both written and spoken fluency in English and Thai language
- A university degree and relevant work experience
- A high sense of integrity and responsibility
- An open-minded, positive and result-oriented approach to work with a customer service orientation
- Great interpersonal skills and team player abilities
- Interest in and willingness to share knowledge with - and learn from - colleagues
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Adaptability and flexibility incl. willingness to work after office hours and on weekends, if necessary in special situations
- Experience from similar kind of work is an advantage
- A security clearance will be conducted for the most potential candidate (according to the Finnish law 726/2014).
- The Consular Services Assistant will be employed according to regulations for local staff at the Embassy of Finland in line with local Thai labor laws.
- Training to the position arranged at the Embassy and/or online.
Please send your free-form application and CV titled “Consular Services Assistant/Migration” by e-mail to [email protected] by Monday, 12 February 2024. Applications will not be returned.
”In the Foreign Service of Finland, we will process your personal data you provide us due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason. You can read more about our data protection practice here(Link to another website.).
By applying for a Job, I accept the terms of data protection practice and I give my consent to the processing of my personal data.”
For more details on the position (First Secretary/Team Leader Johanna Manni) and information on the terms of contract (First Secretary (Administration) Marika Knaapila-Navarrete), please send your questions to [email protected]