The Embassy of Finland in Kathmandu is recruiting a Driver
The Embassy of Finland in Kathmandu is looking for a locally recruited Driver. The work will start in February 2023.
Duties will include:
- Driving the Embassy staff and the Ambassador
- Responsible for the care of and servicing of the cars
- Dispatching of official documents and running errands for the Embassy
- Handling and coordinating issues relating to the maintenance of the Embassy and diplomatic residences
- Taking care of the supply at the office storage
- Other duties assigned by the supervisors
- A valid Nepali driver’s license (B), a clean traffic and criminal record
- Experience in professional driving; minimum 5 years of previous experience as a driver, of which preferably min. 3 years in an international organization or an Embassy
- Good health condition is necessary
- At least a primary education
- Very good knowledge of Kathmandu roads and landmarks, awareness and respect of traffic regulations
- Knowledge regarding the maintenance of cars (cleaning and technical check-ups)
- Having knowledge on protocol matters is an advantage
- Fluency in English, good communication skills
- Command of IT for professional purposes
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team, time management skills
- Flexibility in working hours, ability to work evenings and weekends when necessary, including public holidays
- Team work spirit and service minded attitude, good co-operation skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit:
- A max. 1 page cover letter expressing interest and clearly addressing the stated requirement of the position
Please send your cover letter with CV to [email protected] by January 20, 2023, 4:15 PM (Nepal time). In the subject line, please refer to “Driver vacancy”. Applications not submitted by the deadline – or incomplete applications– will not receive consideration. Applications received via standard mail service will not be taken into account. Applications will not be returned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which will include an interview.
The terms of employment are based on Nepal’s legislation and conditions applicable to locally hired employees. A security clearance will be conducted on the proposed candidate with the consent of the applicant.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Embassy of Finland in Nepal will process the personal data you provide with due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. The Embassy will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason. You can read more about our data protection practice: https://um.fi/dataprotection(layout.types.url.description). By applying for a job, you accept the terms of data protection practice and give your consent to the processing of your personal data.