Residence permit and legalization services at the Embassy of Finland in Kathmandu
The embassy provides services for legalization and residence permits on a limited basis. An appointment for all transactions at the mission is mandatory. Appointment requests on 15th of every month at 8.00 am Nepal time onwards by email only [email protected]
We accept limited amount of bookings for application submission and identification of the following types of residence permits:
1) Applications based on work, also applications based on seasonal work.
2) Applications based on family ties.
3) Studying. NOTE! We accept only those applicants who do not have an access to distance learning. Such an applicant must provide written proof letter from his / her educational institution indicating when the compulsory attendance studies begin. The certificate must indicate the applicant's name and study program.
For the time being, the mission still does not accept Schengen visa applications or other categories of residence permit applications. The types of applications accepted will remain the same until otherwise indicated.
When making an appointment, you must attach copies of the following documents to the request, depending on the type of the application:
Employee: Your employment contract.
Family member: Marriage certificate and, in the case of children, birth certificates. If the documents need to be legalized, please mention this when making the appointment.
Student: A written certificate issued by an educational institution stating that the student does not have access to distance learning and when the compulsory attendance studies begin. The certificate must indicate the applicant's name and study program.
The mission gives the applicant only one appointment, during which the applicant submits his / her application, identifies himself / herself and is interviewed. The applicant must make sure that all the required documents are ready and with him/her when he/she comes to the mission.
- If the legalization is related to your residence permit case, you can handle it with one appointment. You do not need a separate appointment for legalization.
- If the legalization is not related to the residence permit case, you must make an appointment with the mission in advance. In this case, send a scanned copy of the document you want to legalize with your request.
- Appointments for legalizations are made on an ongoing basis from 15.11.2020 8.00 am (Nepal time) onwards.
Safety regulations to be observed and followed
1) If you have even the slightest symptoms of the flu, do not come to the mission. In such a case, cancel your time, and book a new time on the 15th of the following month. We do not allow sneezy customers to enter the embassy premises.
2) In order to visit the embassy, you must have your own face mask and disposable protective gloves.
3) If there is on obstacle for you and you are unable to come to the mission within the allotted time, you must cancel your appointment and make a new appointment on the 15th of the following month.
4) The mission shall take care of the cleaning and disinfection of its premises. Our personnel strictly follow the hygiene and safety instructions. Our goal is to keep the mission as risk-free as possible for infections, and thus safe for both staff and customers.
NOTE! Due to the COVID-19 situation, it is possible that the mission will have to cancel or postpone your appointment, even at short notice. We wish understanding and patience from our customers, as well as cooperation for the common safety of all.