Sharing Economy Event – invitation
The Embassy of Finland in The Hague & the Embassy of the Netherlands in Finland cordially invite you to this interactive seminar & networking event on 13 February 2019. The event will simultaneously take place in two cities, connected with a live stream.
“How to unlock the full potential of sharing economy in a sustainable manner?”
- Wednesday 13 February 2019
- In The Hague: from 13:00 to 15:00 hrs
(Embassy of Finland, Fluwelen Burgwal 58, The Hague)
- In Helsinki: from 14:00 to 16:00 hrs (ThinkCorner/Tiedekulma, Yliopistonkatu 4, Helsinki)
Both The Netherlands and Finland believe that sharing economy offers important solutions for the future. At the event we bring together different sharing economy actors, like entrepreneurs, policymakers, researchers and NGO’s.
- What is the current state of sharing economy?
- How to create growth and internationalization opportunities?
- How should sharing economy be regulated to ensure its contribution to a more sustainable society?
In respect to these topics we focus on business models that aim to make better use of existing assets. The new models of consuming, owning and trading -and their implications for the society as a whole- will be under discussion from both academic and entrepreneurial points of view.
The speakers of the seminar come from both Finland and The Netherlands. They represent the different sides of sharing economy (research, business, customers) and will address the audience present in both countries at the same time.
- Taneli Vaskelainen, Assistant Professor, Utrecht University
- Maija Mattila, Project Researcher on Sharing Economy, Kalevi Sorsa Foundation
- Rolf Moester, Senior Policy Advisor, Sharing Economy Policy Coordinator, Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Juho Makkonen, Co-Founder & CEO, Sharetribe
The keynote speeches will be followed by coffee, bites & networking.
Please register a.s.a.p. as places are limited. Latest by 7.2.2019.
We look forward to meeting you! Welcome – Tervetuloa - Welkom.
For further information, please contact
The Embassy of Finland in The Hague
Eero Vento, Adviser Economic Affairs / Team Finland co-ordinator
[email protected] / +31 70 311 0145
Venla Virkamäki, Policy Officer for Trade & Innovation
[email protected] / +358 9 228 920