Finland is preparing to apply for NATO membership
Finland is preparing to apply for membership of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO). On 15 May, the Government submitted a report to Parliament on Finland’s accession to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization and proposed that the President of the Republic decide that Finland will apply for membership in NATO after Parliament has been heard.
This page collects all of our news and background information on this subject.
- Finland declares its interest to accede to NATO(layout.types.url.description) (Opens New Window)
- Government adopts report on NATO membership(layout.types.url.description)
- Report on Finland’s Accession to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization(layout.types.url.description)
- What is NATO?(layout.types.url.description)
- Finland’s application for NATO membership and Frequently Asked Questions(layout.types.url.description)