Vacancy Announcement: Coordinator in Development Cooperation/Governance
The Embassy of Finland is recruiting the Coordinator in Development Cooperation/Governance.
Coordinator in Development Cooperation/Governance
Finland´s development cooperation in Mozambique concentrates on two main sectors: governance and education. The Embassy of Finland in Maputo is now recruiting a COORDINATOR for the governance sector.
The principal duties of the Coordinator are:
- Support the planning, implementation and reporting of Finland’s Country Programme for development cooperation in Mozambique
- Assist in the management of the governance portfolio of the Country Programme (project specific responsibilities will be specified)
- Participate in relevant donor coordination working groups and dialogue with the Government of Mozambique as agreed
- Contribute to the external communications on the Country Programme events and results
- Liaise with relevant CSOs, NGOs and INGOs operating in Mozambique
- Support the enhancement of business-relevant links and partnerships
- Other tasks assigned by the Head of Mission
- Relevant university degree (MA in social or political sciences or another relevant area)
- Previous working experience of at least 3 to 5 years in the field of international cooperation, preferably in an international organization or an embassy
- Knowledge of key issues in good governance and gender equality
- Project management skills
- Fluent (oral and written) English and Portuguese
- Flexibility, self-initiative and target orientation
- Strong team player skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, but always representing the views of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland
- Good communication skills
- Good computer skills
- Mozambican nationality is preferential
The contract is for one year, starting on 15 March 2021 or as agreed. A security clearance will be made on the proposed candidate with the consent of the applicant. (Law on security clearance 726/2014).
Applications, consisting of a short motivation letter and a CV of a maximum of three (3) pages, both in English, are to be sent by e-mail to [email protected]min.fi by 18 February 2021.
Further information is provided by Ms. Eeva Alarcón, Head of Cooperation: [email protected].