Embassy of Finland in Seoul is looking for a Finland Promotion Coordinator
Cooperation between Finland and the Republic of Korea has been growing significantly during past years. The Embassy of Finland in Seoul together with other Team Finland players and Finnish companies facilitates this positive trend. The Embassy is seeking an active, innovative and hardworking person to join our team to plan and carry out Public Diplomacy tasks and other work in the Embassy. Finland Promotion Coordinator promotes Finland in Korea and carries out Embassy’s various public diplomacy and country branding activities under the guidance of the diplomatic staff.
These activities include:
• Developing, planning and execution of Embassy’s events (eg. culture, trade, education, human rights, climate)
• Developing and managing of Embassy's website, Facebook and Instagram
• Following and analyzing Korean media including social media
• Performing translation and interpretation assignments
• Organizing media visits from Korea to Finland
• Promotion of cultural cooperation between Finland and Korea
• Assistance in high level and other visits
• Media arrangements, writing speeches and press releases and organizing press conferences
• Conducting other tasks as required
A successful applicant is expected to have:
• Suitable higher education background (minimum BA level)
• Relevant working experience
• Experience in organizing events
• Experience both in the fields of culture and media
• Knowledge of Finnish culture and society
• Excellent written and spoken Finnish, English and Korean
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Good command of office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as Internet search tools, social media and photography and basic photo editing skills
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to be a team player as well as work independently
• Good organizational and time management skills including ability to work with multiple projects simultaneously
• Flexibility and adaptability with a range of different tasks in our relatively small organization
The working contract period is two years. Working time follows office working hours, with occasional evening or weekend work. The contract terms are based on Korean Labor Law and the employee is locally hired by the Embassy. The starting date is 26 August 2021 or as agreed. The Embassy is located in Kyobo Building in Gwanghwamun, Seoul.
For applying for this position applications, including a motivation letter and CV in English in PDF format should be sent to [email protected] by 9 July 2021.
Inquiries can be sent via e-mail to Deputy Head of Mission, Mr. Mika Ruotsalainen ([email protected]).
In the Foreign Service of Finland, we will process your personal data you provide us due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason.
Selected candidate will undergo a security clearance with candidate’s own consent (Security Clearance Act 726/2014 and in certain cases Ministry for Foreign Affairs norm 5/2018 ). More information on standard and comprehensive security clearances is available on the Finnish Security Intelligence Service website http://www.supo.fi/enLink to another website.(Link to another website.)