The Embassy of Finland is looking for a full time Office Services Attendant / Driver
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work for the Happiest Country in the World? Submit your application for the position by 24 September and become a member of the working team of the Embassy of Finland in Tel Aviv!
This is a full time position of Office Services Attendant / Driver for a fixed term of two years, with an option for renewal. The work starts as soon as possible. Application for the position ends on 24 September 2021. The regular working hours are 120 hours in a three-week period. The daily working hours may be outside of regular office hours, and sometimes during the evenings, weekends or public holidays. At the beginning of the contract, there is a probation period. The salary is to be determined based on the applicant's experience and abilities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Driving the Ambassador, other Embassy staff, and guests to various appointments, events and functions as requested.
- Receiving officials at airports and following pre-agreed programs.
- Ensuring technical service and maintenance of the vehicles.
- Dispatching official documents to the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and other governmental offices.
- Handling Embassy mail and logistics, running other official errands for the Embassy and diplomatic staff.
- Ensuring technical maintenance of office equipment, and keeping order and enough supply of the office storage.
- Handling and coordinating issues relating to the maintenance of the office, the residence and rental apartments.
- Any other ad hoc assignments as required.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Successful completion of relevant studies.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving and criminal record are required.
- Excellent, disciplined and safe driving skills and at least two years of driving experience is required. Experience in professional driving, preferably for another Embassy, is an advantage. Familiarity with routes in Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and other areas of Israel is an advantage.
- General knowledge of vehicle mechanics is an advantage.
- Good verbal and written skills in Hebrew and English is required.
- Computer literacy, ability to use Microsoft Office programs is required.
- Time management skills.
- Ability to carry out and follow-up on the assigned tasks independently.
- Team work spirit and customer service attitude, good co-operation skills.
- Flexibility in working hours, ability to work extra hours when necessary, including during Sabbath and other holidays.
- Demonstrating integrity by modeling the Embassy´s values and ethical standards.
- Displaying respect for people of all cultures, gender, religion, nationality and age.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV in English to sanomat.tel[at]formin.fi by Friday 24 September. The email subject should state: Application for driver and office services assistant / [last name of applicant]. Only applications submitted in English and before the deadline will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews may begin before the end of the application deadline.
For more information on the role and the terms of employment, please contact Deputy Head of Mission Juhana Tuunanen by email at juhana.tuunanen[at]formin.fi.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting procedures. Any offer of employment is subjected to obtaining the required security clearance.
The Embassy of Finland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications.