The Embassy of Finland is looking for a Property Management and Office Services Supervisor, Driver
Join our great team! The Embassy of Finland in Dublin has a vacancy for a Property Management and Office Services Supervisor, Driver. This is a full-time fixed-term position of two years starting as soon as possible. Application period for the position ends on 26 September 2021.
The Embassy of Finland in Dublin has a vacancy for a Property Management and Office Services Supervisor, Driver. This is a full-time fixed-term position of two years starting as soon as possible. Application period for the position ends on 26 September 2021. The vacancy is a so-called locally employed position, and in principle, Irish employment law will apply to the terms of the employment. As the job includes driver duties, weekly working hours may sometimes be outside regular office hours, including on weekends. There is a probationary period in the beginning of the contract. Salary depending on experience.
Place of work: Principle places of work are Embassy of Finland in Ireland (St. Stephen´s Green, Dublin 2) and the Finnish Ambassador´s Residence (Ballsbridge, Dublin 4), but work in other locations may be required from time to time
Start date: As soon as possible
- As Property Management Supervisor, management, maintenance and upkeep of Embassy property and coordination of repairs, including tendering process. The practical tasks related to the care and maintenance of the Residence and Embassy and the equipment there, including minor repairs, as possible.
- As Office Services Supervisor, administrative tasks at the office, including practical meeting arrangements, managing orders and office supplies, and customer service.
- As Driver, transporting people and property, making deliveries, collecting and driving personnel and visitors to meeting venues and other destinations as necessary. Maintenance of Embassy car and the relevant administrative tasks. Driver duties can also fall outside normal working hours, including on weekends.
- Other duties as requested by Head of Mission
Requirements for the role:
- Secondary level education certificate, Leaving Certificate or equivalent is required. Relevant third level education, Post Leaving Certificate education or a Diploma is an advantage.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Work experience as a Property Manager or in the field of construction, property maintenance or similar is an advantage
- Local knowledge of Dublin and Ireland is an advantage.
- Experience in administrative tasks and customer service is an advantage
- Respect for colleagues, customers and guests
- A flexible attitude, good judgement and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A high level of discretion, commitment and reliability and respect for the confidentiality and integrity of Embassy work
- Ability to work efficiently and in a proactive manner
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Full, clean driving license for a minimum of three years and driving experience for a minimum of two years in the Dublin area
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, especially Outlook, and ability to use Word and Excel
- Good communication skills on the phone, in person and in writing
Please send your application with a CV and a cover letter by 26 September 2021 to Sanomat.dub @formin.fi. Please include your salary expectation in the application. Letters of reference are an advantage. The applicants most suited to the role based on their applications will be invited to an interview. In the interview, the suitability of the applicants for the role will be assessed based on the above mentioned criteria. For more information on the role and the terms of employment, please contact Deputy Head of Mission Anne Mutanen by email at [email protected]formin.fi(Link to another website.).
The Embassy of Finland in Ireland is a committed equal opportunities employer. If you have any disability or special need that requires reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process or if you are in need of assistance to complete your application, please let us know.