Open Vacancy - Embassy Driver
Place of Assignment: The Embassy of Finland, 3 Abu El Feda Street, Zamalek, Cairo
Duration of Assignment: A fixed-term contract for a period of one year with the possibility of extension (including probation period)
Start date: June 1, 2021
Closing Date for Applying: 22 May 2021
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Transporting of Embassy staff in a safe and professional manner.
- Ensuring vehicle is health and safety compliant and properly equipped.
- Messenger services – delivering Embassy correspondence.
- Arranging logistics of the Embassy - planning routes to venues and assisting as required with official visits of VIPs.
- Clearing consignments from the customs.
- Managing the car fleet – provide all the required supplies for the vehicle and car maintenance.
- Supporting the Embassy staff with procurement if needed.
- Responsible for the renewal of registration of diplomatic cars of the Embassy and diplomats and car insurances and other administrative issues related to vehicles.
- Substituting the driver for the Head of the Mission, when necessary.
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Embassy Management.
Professional work experience
Minimum of two years of relevant work experience, preferably within the Embassies or international organizations.
Fluent in Arabic and English (written and spoken)
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Familiar with advanced knowledge of driving Greater Cairo
- Road safety awareness
- Stress management
Considered as advantage
- Experience of driving armoured vehicle
- IT skills, explicitly Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, team player, high degree of integrity and confidentiality, flexibility, punctuality, service-oriented attitude and reliability.
How to Apply for the Position
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.