Advance voting on European Parliament elections 2019
In the European Parliament elections of spring 2019, Advance voting will be organised in the Embassy of Finland in Prague from 15th to 18th May.
The Ministry for Foreign Affairs is responsible for the organisation of advance voting abroad. The Finnish diplomatic and consular missions and their offices will serve as advance polling stations abroad.
The EU parliament elections take place in Finland on Sunday 26th May 2019.
Right to vote:
- Every Finnish citizen who has reached the age of 18 not later than on the day of the election is entitled to vote in EU parliamentary elections.
- Every citizen of another Member State of the European Union who has reached the age of 18 not later than on the day of the election and whose municipality of residence, as defined by law, is in Finland on the 51st day before the election day, or who is employed by the European Union or an international organisation in Finland or is a family member of such a person and resides in Finland and has not lost the right to vote in the Member State whose citizen he or she is.
Embassy of Finland, Prague
Hellichova 1, 11800 Praha 1, Czech Republic
tel: +420 251 177 251
- Wednesday 15.05.2019 at 11.00-15.00
- Thursday 16.05.2019 at 11.00-15.00
- Friday 17.05.2019 at 14.00-18.00
- Saturday 18.05.2019 at 10.00-16.00
A passport or some other official ID must be presented at the polling station. The notice of right to vote may be presented but voting is possible also without it.
A possibility to vote by post will also be introduced in the EU parliamentary elections of 2019. Eligible voters living permanently abroad and eligible voters staying abroad during the advance voting period and on the election day will have the right to vote by post in EU parliament elections. A voter wishing to vote by post is responsible for ordering the postal voting documents, voting, and returning the vote in time. Read more: Postal voting
- Elections website of the Ministry of Justice
- Voting in advance
- Parliamentary Elections 2019 – General advance polling stations
- Moving abroad