Sweden’s Foreign Minister Billström and Defence Minister Jonson to visit Helsinki
Sweden’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Tobias Billström and Minister for Defence Pål Jonson will visit Helsinki on 8 November to meet Finland’s Minister for Foreign Affairs Elina Valtonen and Minister of Defence Antti Häkkänen.
The ministers will discuss current foreign, security and defence policy affairs, such as NATO, Russia’s illegal invasion of Ukraine and the Middle East crisis, as well as bilateral matters.
“Sweden is Finland’s closest partner. We have extensive cooperation across all sectors of society. It is important to meet our colleagues and discuss current affairs,” says Minister Valtonen.
“The security situation in the Baltic Sea region has deteriorated. Sweden is an important defence cooperation partner for Finland, and soon we will be NATO Allies. We want to deepen our cooperation in foreign and security policy,” says Minister of Defence Häkkänen.
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs:
- Johanna Lukkarila, Diplomatic Adviser to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, tel. +358 295 350 834
- Christina Lehtinen, Deputy Director, Unit for Northern Europe, tel. +358 295 351 787
- Ministry of Defence:
- Ville Sipiläinen, Special Adviser to the Minister of Defence, tel. +358 40 761 1558
- The email addresses of the Finnish Government are in the format [email protected]