Embassy of Finland in Beijing is seeking English/Finnish-Chinese translator-interpreter
The Embassy of Finland in Beijing is seeking qualified applicant for the position of a locally hired English/Finnish-Chinese translator starting on 15th May 2023 or as agreed.
The Embassy of Finland in Beijing is seeking qualified applicant for the position of a locally hired English/Finnish-Chinese translator starting on 15th May 2023 or as agreed. Translations will be mainly between Chinese and English, but if applicant is able to translate and interpret also in Finnish, that is considered as an asset (not a requirement).
Job description including primary responsibilities:
- Translation and interpretation between English/Finnish and Chinese, both in written and oral form
- Proofreading and correcting documents, such as letters, verbal notes, publications, legal texts etc.
- Information search on Internet, analysing found information
- Media monitoring
- Contacting and liaising with relevant Chinese authorities
- Assisting in the organization and planning of events, activities and visits
- Any other tasks given by the management of the Embassy
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficiency in Finnish language would be highly regarded
- Minimun Bachelor University degree
- Good social and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good computer skills
- Research and multitasking skills
- Intercultural understanding
- Previous experience in similar tasks
For further information please contact: Third Secretary Ms. Mirva Kulmala, e-mail: [email protected]
In the Foreign Service of Finland, we will process your personal data you provide us due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason. You can read more about our data protection practice here(Link to another website.).
By applying for the job, I accept the terms of data protection practice and I give my consent to the processing of my personal data. For more information about Finland and our work in China, please visit www.finland.cn.
How to apply
- Please send your application letter and CV in English or Finnish with references and salary requirements to e-mail address: [email protected] by 31st March 2023.
- Subject: Translator-interpreter
- Files should be named consistently: Familyname_Givennames_Application and Familyname_Givennames_CV (e.g. Wang_Xiaoming_Application and Wang_Xiaoming_CV)