Embassy of Finland in Beijing is seeking to hire a Receptionist and Translator
The Embassy of Finland is seeking qualified applicants for the position of a locally hired Receptionist and Translator for the Administrative Section of the Embassy, starting in July 2019 or as agreed.
Job description including primary responsibilities:
- Switchboard operator
- Receptionist for guests
- Receiving and distributing mail
- Daily help for Embassy staff
- Translation of verbal notes, documents and information material from English to Chinese and from Chinese to English for different sections of the Embassy
- Helping the Embassy’s press and cultural section for example in updating the Embassy’s Chinese social media channels
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of diplomatic work environment, Chinese authorities and administration
- Strong customer service and organizational skills
- Good social skills, intercultural understanding
- Good computer skills
- Previous experience in similar tasks is considered as an advantage
Please send your application letter in English with CV, references and salary requirements to the email address [email protected] by 5th May 2019. Additional information from Third Secretary Minna Vartiainen (minna.vartiainen(a)formin.fi).
In the Foreign Service of Finland, we will process your personal data you provide us due diligence and in accordance with EU data protection legislation. We will not disclose your personal data to third parties without a lawful reason. You can read more about our data protection practice here.
By applying for a Job, I accept the terms of data protection practice and I give my consent to the processing of my personal data.