The Embassy of Finland in Vienna is looking for a Chef de cuisine
The Embassy of Finland in Vienna is looking for a Chef de cuisine for a fixed-term contract for the period 1.10.2023 - 30.4.2025. The starting date is negotiable. The agreement is renewable. The applicant should have a degree in cookery, suitable work experience and an interest in working in an international working environment and making Finnish food and food culture more known to Austrian and international guests. Please send your application by 15.9.2023.
The chef's task is to provide the embassy's guests with high-quality experiences around Finnish food and food culture, including food presentation and presentation.
The interesting and varied work involves organizing various mission events in the Embassy premises and in the Ambassador's official residence. These range from small breakfasts to lunches, cocktails, seated dinners and large receptions. The role requires flexibility, initiative, good interpersonal skills and creativity.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Planning and implementation of representation events
- Planning menus, costing and purchasing supplies
- Preparing and presenting food
- Purchasing and maintaining kitchen equipment and utensils
Requirements of the post:
- Cooking qualification, strong professional skills and experience in the field
- Experience in organizing large-scale events
- Flexibility, particularly in terms of working hours, and the ability to work in an international environment and in a team
- Good organizational and pressure management skills, service orientation and ability to adapt quickly to changing situations
- At least a satisfactory knowledge of English, knowledge of German language and culture would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Finnish food culture is advantage
We offer an interesting job, good working conditions and holiday benefits. The position is subject to the terms and conditions of employment of locally employed staff and Austrian law. The working hours are 40 hours per week and the work is mostly done on weekdays, but with several evening activities.
The post does not include accommodation or a separate daily allowance. The minimum gross annual salary for the post is EUR 31 000 (gross/year). Overtime is compensated separately. Benefits include an annual mobility allowance and the opportunity to learn German/English/Finnish.
The closing date for applications is 15.9.2023.
For further information, please contact Anna Salovaara, Head of Administration, and Erja Päivärinta, Head of Administration, at the Embassy in Vienna during office hours, tel. +43 1 535 03 65.
A security/police clearance will be carried out on the candidate with the consent of the candidate.