Embassy's customer service and contact information during the corona virus pandemic
Due to the current condition the reception is open by appointment only.
The Embassy serves customers by phone and via email
Our customer service hours for phone enquiries are on Mondays and Wednesdays between 9.00-10.00 AM
- +971 2 885 3666
In general immigration and consular inquiries, kindly contact the Embassy preferably by e-mail:
- [email protected] (immigration, appointments)
- [email protected] (consular, notarial and passport services)
Please note that the due to a high volume of requests, some delays may be expected in answering the inquiries.
The collection of documents is possible on specific dates
The next collection dates are as follows:
- Sunday 31 January between 12.30-15.00 PM
Please note that the collection times are subject to changes.
You may collect the document in person or authorize a courier service to do so. If you have received a confirmation from the Embassy regarding the collection of your documents, please follow the instructions.
Other things to note in our customer service
- Since 19 March, handling of ordinary visa applications has been suspended until further notice.
- Services related to residence permit applications were gradually resumed in some missions in June 2020. Due to the ongoing situation, the Embassy can currently receive residence permit applications on limited basis. Due to the high number of cancelled appointments and limited capacity, severe delays are to be expected.
More information regarding the residence permits during the corona pandemic (Finnish Immigration Service): Effects of the coronavirus outbreak on customers who are abroad.
Students: If you have been admitted to a university, you may contact the Admissions Services of your hosting Finnish university for detailed information on what options you have for starting your studies online, or postponing the start of your studies. More information, Study in Finland: More than 8000 new international students admitted
- Residence permit cards: Please be informed that when the Embassy has received your residence permit card, the Embassy will contact you by e-mail to provide instructions how to collect it (in person or by a courier service). This may take up to three weeks from the day of your decision.
- Finnish citizen services: Inquiries regarding passports, notarial services and registrations to the Finnish Population Information System, please contact the Embassy preferably by e-mail [email protected].
- Monitor the situation closely through local authorities and local media, and through your airline or tour operator.