Embassy's customer service and contact information during the corona virus pandemic
Due to the current condition the reception is open by appointment only.
Attention! The Embassy of Finland is closed during the Eid-Al-Adha Holidays from 30 July to 3 August. In case of emergency you can contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs emergency phone +358 9 160 55555, email: [email protected].
You can still reach the Embassy by phone from Monday to Wednesday between 9.00 AM and 12.00 PM at +971 50 5782771, or by e-mail: [email protected] (consular matters) and [email protected] (immigration matters).
- Since 19 March, handling of visa applications has been suspended until further notice.
- Services related to residence permit applications were gradually resumed in some missions in June 2020. Due to the ongoing situation, the Embassy can currently receive residence permit applications on a very limited basis. Priority will be given to customers who had their appointments cancelled due to the corona pandemic. Due to the high number of cancelled appointments and limited capacity, there is expected to be a severe delay on the services.
More information regarding the residence permits during the corona pandemic (Finnish Immigration Service): Effects of the coronavirus outbreak on customers who are abroad.
Students: If you have been admitted to a university, you may contact the Admissions Services of your hosting Finnish university for detailed information on what options you have for starting your studies online, or postponing the start of your studies. More information, Study in Finland: More than 8000 new international students admitted
- Residence permit cards: The Embassy is unable to answer inquiries regarding residence permit cards, but please be informed that if the Embassy has received your residence permit card, the Embassy will contact you to give instructions how to collect it (in person or by a courier service).
- Finnish citizen services: Inquiries regarding passports, notarial services and registrations to the Finnish Population Information System, please contact the Embassy preferably by e-mail [email protected]. Please note, that the Embassy has limited availability to provide notarial services and receive regular passport applications between 12 July and 21 August 2020, when only urgent cases can be attended.
- Monitor the situation closely through local authorities and local media, and through your airline or tour operator.